May is Mental Health Awareness Month!
During Covid times it can be especially difficult to support your mental health. Fear, uncertainty, stress, and anxiety about this virus can be at times overwhelming and cause strong emotions for everyone!
Try the following tips to elevate your mood and to stay on track:
1. Get plenty of sunlight and on cloudy days bring up the lighting as this can truly make a difference!
2. Try to engage in exercise daily to raise your spirits!
3. Get plenty of sleep! Having a regular night time routine can help!
4. Do something that you enjoy every day! Even if it is for a few minutes!!!
5. Connect with others daily by telephone, text, etc. Limit social media time as it can lead to stress and even conflict.
6. Even while on quarantine shower and dress daily! This will believe it or not make your feel better and improve your mood!
7. Along the same lines make your bed each day and try to keep clutter to a minimum! This seems silly, but it will give you psychologically a sense of accomplishment. Also, clutter leads to stress and anxiety.
8. Use your senses to elevate your mood through scented diffusers, candles, etc and through music that speaks to you!
9. Pamper yourself in a way that makes you happy- a relaxing bath, home facial, etc can all help to bring up your spirits. Taking time for you and doing some self care is never the wrong answer!
10. Reach out for help and support if needed! Do not hesitate to connect with others of you cannot go it alone!
Check out these additional resources below:
The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255); TTY: 1-800-799-4TTY (4889) to talk to a trained counselor